Thursday, August 25, 2005

Write a Winning Demand Letter on Your Own

The demand letter is where the whole insurance claim negotiation process starts. In it, you send set out to the insurance company your narrative history on how the claim began and what your injuries were (and are); if they are permanent; why the other person is legally responsible for your injuries; what your medical treatment was and how much it cost and will cost in the future; what your income loss was and what it is going to be in the future; and, what other damages you suffered, in addition to money for pain and suffering, mental anguish, changes in your lifestyle as well as changes in your spouse's lifestyle as a result of changes in you.

There is just so much more I could go in to. Throughout this blog I am going to give out general suggestions, secrets and tips to present your own personal injury claim. I assert the legal disclaimer that this is not intended to be legal advice and this site provides information about the law designed to help you cope with your own legal needs. But legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although I go to great lengths to make sure my information is useful, I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance of my information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Wow.

Hell, maybe I should put my email out so you can write to me about your biggest issues and what you would like to know so I could put it into an info book. Or maybe I'll teach a small army of people how to help accident victims present their own claims for a small payment and save a few thousand dollars in attorney fees. I mean, you could always (as long as the applicable statute of limitations did not run) go to a Trial Lawyer if you could not settle your insurance claim on your own.

No comments: